NDIS Plan Reviews
Burke and Beyond are happy to support plan reviews where needed.
We find it a more fluid process if you contact your site Coordinator, the Intake Officer or the Community Services Manager to obtain a quote for your ongoing services prior to each planning meeting/review.
Usually the Intake Officer will send a reminder letter/email six weeks prior to the current plan ending, to remind you that if you haven’t heard from your planner to arrange a review time, it is best to make contact with them to see where things are at and just to make sure you won’t have a gap without funding.
It is important to remember that your funding package can depend on how well you tell your story and show your need for supports and assistance.
- Who are you? What makes you, you?
- What are some of the things you are good at and some of the things you need support with?
- What is important to you?- talk about where you live/would like to live, your relationships and if you need support to maintain them, do you like to get out in the community and do you need supports to do so?
- Do you need some support at home for tasks or could you do things better yourself if you had different equipment?
- Do you want to go to sports?
- Do you need special items to help you get around better or do things easier?
- Do you want to get a job? What support would you need?
- Is there more you want to learn?
- What do you do with your days? Would you like to continue the same or change some things you do?
There are some things to consider prior to your planning/review meeting:
- Goals for the next year
- Long term goals if you have them
- How many days you wish to attend Burke and Beyond?
- Do you wish to attend the Friday Night or Saturday Social activities- how often?
- Do you wish to have additional supports from home (Outreach type supports)?
Once you have thought about the services, remember to ask your Coordinator for a quote to provide to the LAC/Planner. This will help make sure you continue to have the services you wish to have.
It is most beneficial for everyone if the plan information is shared as quickly as you possibly can. We don’t need all your information, but we do need to know the plan dates, your new goals and who we will need to invoice for the payment of your services.